Faculty of Food Science and Fisheries is one of ten faculties at the West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin. University was established with Act issued by the Sejm of the Republic of Poland on 5th September of 2008 (Journal. Laws No. 180, item. 1110) as a result of consolidation of the Agricultural University in Szczecin and Szczecin University of Technology.
Faculty of Fisheries (because that was his first name) was appointed by Minister of Higher Education Ordinance on 1st September of 1951, within the organizational structure of the Higher School of Agriculture in Olsztyn. Noteworthy is the fact that it was the only European faculty with fisheries educational profile.
Whole Polish Fisheries as well as Faculty of Fisheries has undergone deep restructuring, adapting to the current needs of the national economy. Between 1966 - 1968, by the Decree of the Minister of Higher Education on 16th February of 1966., the main part of the Department was transferred to the University of Agriculture in Szczecin and named Faculty of Marine Fisheries.
In 1971 Faculty name was changed to the Faculty of Marine Fisheries and Food Technology and in 2002 to Faculty of Food Sciences and Fisheries.
By 2010 9610 students have graduated from the Faculty including: 8080 full-time students, 1550 extramural students, 364 PhDs and 121 assistant professors. Among them, besides Polish graduates, there were graduates from: Argentina, Egypt, Vietnam, Peru, Australia, Canada, USA, Croatia and selected EU countries. At present there are 962 students.